Child Protection Procedures
Where the school has concerns about possible abuse by someone other than a member of the school staff:
- The designated teacher will be told, and if unavailable, the deputy designated teacher will be told.
- The relevant agencies will be contacted if necessary – e.g. NEELB, Social Services, PSNI.
- Parents will be informed by the principal or relevant agencies, depending on circumstances.
Where a parent has a concern about child safety:
- Talk to the class teacher. If still concerned, talk to the designated teacher and if unavailable, the deputy designated teacher.
- If still concerned, talk or write to the Chairman of the Board of Governors.
- If anyone has queries about this or related issues, they should contact the school at any time.