Child Protection Procedures
Where the school has concerns about possible abuse by someone other than a member of the school staff:
- The designated teacher will be told, and if unavailable, the deputy designated teacher will be told.
- The relevant agencies will be contacted if necessary – e.g. NEELB, Social Services, PSNI.
- Parents will be informed by the principal or relevant agencies, depending on circumstances.
Where a parent has a concern about child safety:
- Talk to the class teacher. If still concerned, talk to the designated teacher (Mr Beattie) and if unavailable, the deputy designated teacher (Mrs McCluggage).
- If still concerned, talk or write to the Chairman of the Board of Governors.
- If anyone has queries about this or related issues, they should contact the school at any time.
Further information can be found in the Child Protection Policy.
For further information on other issues please go to our Policies page or contact the school.